CloudPassage, the leader in automated cloud workload and container security, today announced Halo Cortex. Halo Cortex combines the most common integrations for the Halo platform in one, easy-to-implement package, facilitating true security automation while enabling interactions with the Halo platform using Slack.-
Halo Cortex is designed for deep integration into DevOps workflows and processes, with many of the included tools delivered as Docker containers that can be transitioned, piece-by-piece, into an existing DevOps toolset. It is available as community-supported, open-source software under the BSD license. CloudPassage also offers support for Halo Cortex as part of the CloudPassage Halo platform.
According to Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst and the founder of cybersecurity services at Enterprise Strategy Group, the global cybersecurity skills shortage is leading to adoption of security automation and orchestration technologies to improve staff productivity. Recent research states, 19 percent of enterprise organizations have already deployed technologies for security automation and orchestration extensively, 39 percent have done so on a limited basis, and 26 percent are engaged in a project to automate/orchestrate security operations.
“We recommend using Halo Cortex to jump-start security automation within your organization,” said Ash Wilson, strategic engineering specialist for CloudPassage. “You can absorb specific components from Halo Cortex into your existing automation processes later on, or you can use Cortex as-is and eventually extend its functionality. The beauty of Halo Cortex is it can be customized to meet specific needs within your organization’s environment, and no matter how you intend to use it, we have documentation to guide your team through the process of adding functionality.”
Components of Halo Cortex:
- Donbot: Allows users to interact with Halo from within the Slack application. Donbot supports a number of different interactions and it will also automatically alert Slack users of critical Halo events. Donbot brings high-quality information to DevSecOps personnel in the most low-friction way possible. There’s no need to buy another monitor to put on the wall or open yet another browser window.
- Halo-Celery: Asynchronous task manager. Allows multiple users (via Donbot) to interact simultaneously with Halo and prevents long-running queries and reports from interrupting or delaying user interaction.
- Firewall-Graph: Runs on-demand, and generates a graphical representation of a specific Halo group’s firewall policy.
- Scans-to-S3: Runs daily and ships all scan data, from all Halo modules, to S3 for long-term storage or further analysis. Use this to meet long-term compliance needs or to feed a data lake for deep analysis of historical security information.
- Events-to-S3: Runs daily and ships all events, from all modules, from your Halo account to AWS S3 for long-term storage or further analysis. Like Scans-to-S3, this tool can be useful for facilitating deep analysis of historical security data.
Founded in 2010, CloudPassage® was the first company to obtain U.S. patents for universal cloud infrastructure security and has been a leading innovator in cloud security automation and compliance monitoring for high-performance application development and deployment environments. CloudPassage Halo® is an award-winning workload security automation platform that provides universal visibility and continuous protection for servers in any combination of data centers, private/public clouds and containers. The Halo platform is delivered as a service, so it deploys in minutes and scales effortlessly. Fully integrated with popular infrastructure automation and orchestration tools such as Puppet and Chef, as well as leading CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Halo secures the enterprise where it’s most vulnerable—application development and workload deployment. Today, CloudPassage Halo secures the critical infrastructure of many of the leading global finance, insurance, media, ecommerce, high-tech service providers, transportation and hospitality companies.