CloudPassage, the leader in automated cloud workload and container security, today announced the beta release of its newest product built on the Halo® platform, (code-name: Project Cielo), which offers complete visibility and insights into the resources in use across all cloud service providers (CSP) accounts and services within a single interface.-
Currently, CloudPassage’s Halo platform, which includes Container Secure and Server Secure, is the only solution that allows enterprises to secure assets like servers, cloud instances, containers and artifact registries using a single platform, regardless of asset location. The addition of Project Cielo extends the Halo platform to handle cloud-delivered compute, storage, and other infrastructure services, making it unique in protecting application components anywhere and in any delivery model, at speed and scale.
“The launch of Project Cielo demonstrates our dedication to building out a complete tech stack for customers,” said Siri Oaklander, advanced technologies principal at CloudPassage. “Project Cielo offers a competitive feature set for public cloud infrastructure services, so now, for example, offerings like Amazon Services can receive comprehensive coverage (for containers, servers and cloud platforms), not just coverage for EC2.”
Functional capabilities of Project Cielo include:
- Continuously monitor AWS services for adherence to CIS AWS Foundations Benchmark, AWS best practices, and internal configuration standards
- IAM user MFA, S3 bucket limited exposures, etc.
- Enhanced compliance reporting capabilities with detailed results that support all benchmark rules
- Obtain ”worldview” with contextual intelligence about monitored assets to better inform technical risk analysis
- Identifies applications which are at risk, hierarchically organizes the most urgent situations, IAM role misconfigurations, exploitations, applications and data that could be affected, EC2 instances without Halo agent, etc.
- Automates remediation requests to responsible application team via SNS
Founded in 2010, CloudPassage® was the first company to obtain U.S. patents for universal cloud infrastructure security and has been a leading innovator in cloud security automation and compliance monitoring for high-performance application development and deployment environments. CloudPassage Halo® is an award-winning workload security automation platform that provides universal visibility and continuous protection for servers in any combination of data centers, private/public clouds and containers. The Halo platform is delivered as a service, so it deploys in minutes and scales effortlessly. Fully integrated with popular infrastructure automation and orchestration tools such as Puppet and Chef, as well as leading CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Halo secures the enterprise where it’s most vulnerable—application development and workload deployment. Today, CloudPassage Halo secures the critical infrastructure of many of the leading global finance, insurance, media, ecommerce, high-tech service providers, transportation and hospitality companies.