Welcome to the CloudPassage guide to getting started with Halo for Windows. This 3 min video will show you how to get you up and running in our Basic Edition from your first login, showing you how to install your daemons, and giving you a tour of the Halo portal.
To get started:
- Log in with the username and temporary password you received in your registration email.
- Install Daemons – Click the “Install Halo for Linux” or “Install Halo for Windows button. Follow the instructions on the page. Repeat for all servers you wish to protect with Halo.
- Organize your servers into groups. Tips available here.
It’s that easy to get set up! Now you’re ready to configure some security policies:
- Set up a firewall – instructions are here for Linux and here for Windows
- Select a configuration policy and run scan – instructions are here.
- Explore the resulting scans
- Click through the modules on the dashboard to see abbreviated results; click on a server to dive deeper.
- At this point you should have Software Scan results, Configuration Scan results, Server Access Scan results, and an active firewall – wow!
- Set up Security Events Policies – instructions are here.
- Set up File Integrity Monitoring Policies – instructions are here.